UN Schools program
Celebrating the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
FNPW is excited to support the United Nations Day School Program and encourages all schools to participate in inspiring young people to be kind, perseverant, and motivated global citizens.
• Inform students on the critical work of the United Nations and the Global Goals
• Engage students through activities/events across different grade levels which encourage them to take action for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Strengthen the school’s commitment to nurturing global citizens and leaders of tomorrow
• To encourage and support schools to work in partnership with the community to achieve Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
About the program
The United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA) NSW invites all NSW schools to join in the United Nations Day celebrations on 24 October 2022.
Peace People Planet is an annual celebration of the United Nations mission in schools and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
With less than eight years left to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and 169 universal targets known as Agenda 2030, the UN encourages schools to get involved. You can participate by:
– Teaching SDG integrated lessons or choosing an SDG campaign as a lead-up to the UN Day
– Organising a Blue Mufti Day on 24 October 2022 or participating in events, teacher workshops, and more!!
Upon signing up, schools will receive a welcome pack with FREE resources filled with exciting classroom ideas and project-based learning.
For more information and to sign up, please visit https://www.unaansw.org.au/un-day-schools-program/