North West national parks include:
- Barrington Tops National Park
- Beni State Conservation Area
- Burning Mountain Nature Reserve
- Coolah Tops National Park
- Goobang National Park
- Goonoo National Park
- Goulburn River National Park
- Hill End Historic Site
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- Mount Royal National Park
- Munghorn Gap Nature Reserve
- Pilliga Nature Reserve
- Timallallie National Park
- Towarri National Park
- Warrabah National Park
- Warrumbungle National Park
- Wollemi National Park
Learn more about North West national parks at the Office of Environment & Heritage website.
Foundation Projects in the North West Region
Hill End Historic Site
Hill End was once a gold mining boom town, and became home to an artist community including Russell Drysdale, Margaret Olley, Donald Friend and Brett Whiteley after the gold ran out. The Foundation funded the restoration of old buildings, installation of visitor amenities and acquired land for reservation within the township of Hill End.
Growing Warrabah National Park
Funding from the Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife acquired 1,400 hectares, which lifted Warrabah Nature Reserve to the status of Warrabah National Park.
Surveying Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies in Morton National Park
In the past the Foundation has funded Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby surveys at Wollemi National Park.